Building effective teams for social impact group coaching program
With increased demands for bold solutions to urgent problems, high expectations for impact, and limited resources, we can end up taking our relationships with co-workers for granted. However, it's the quality of these relationships that ultimately determines our success.
Do YOU experience:
- Confusion about where your team is headed because people are moving in different directions?
- Meetings that are unproductive because the conversations that really need to happen aren't taking place?
- Colleagues that are difficult to work with because they aren't playing for the same team?
- Projects or initiatives that get stuck because people aren't following through?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, you're not alone because it's common for groups to struggle on the path to social impact. Teams that overcome these obstacles have learned how to build and maintain relationships so that they can get back on track when collaboration begins to falter.
It doesn't have to be this way. We can help transform your team from struggling to succeeding.
"The Building Effective Teams for Social Impact workshop was so much more than I had ever expected. It has already benefitted my career and helped me to better connect with my team. It has also given me several specific tools that are helping to push our intern program from OK to WOW. The activities and handouts provided by Kimberley were illustrated so clearly. I would highly recommend her workshop and programs to anyone looking to create a collaborative work culture that can be used inside and outside the office." - Jessica Tunon, Founder and CEO, Netwalking
Building Effective Teams for Social Impact is a five-month program that is designed for non-profit, social enterprise, and socially responsible business leaders who want to find out what's really getting in the way of effective teamwork and develop the skills to collaboratively solve these challenges.
During this program each session builds on the next and skills are immediately be put into practice as the cohort goes through the process of forming a team.
Session 1: Team Building Fundamentals
- Introduction to Team Building
- Influencing team performance through conscious use-of-self
- Stages of team development and the process for forming a new team
- Establishing a clearly defined purpose that is mutually understood and collectively owned
Session 2: Systems Approaches to Team Building
- Introduction to systems thinking
- Working with teams as a human system
- Developing a support system for changes that contribute to improved team performance
- Clarifying responsibilities and supporting team members in fully stepping into their roles
Session 3: Overcoming Challenges to Team Building
- Obtaining sound and current data to identify the root causes of problems the team is encountering
- Using feedback and difficult conversations to address challenges to improved team performance
- Exploring the role of diversity in strengthening team performance and as a source of innovation
- Setting expectations, securing commitments, and ensuring accountability
Session 4: Improving Team Performance
- Introduction to norms and understanding how they influence team members' behavior
- Developing norms that support improved team performance
- Establishing processes for communications, decision making, and problem solving
- Monitoring team performance for task accomplishment and quality of team member relationships
Session 5: Managing Team Transitions
- Integrating continuous learning and team member development throughout the lifecycle of a team
- Understanding how team members handle transitions and supporting them in bringing about closure
- Developing a plan and process for managing the merger or closure of a team
- Review accomplishments throughout the program, lessons learned, and next steps for professional development related to team building
During this program, you'll:
- Learn how to form teams, within and between organizations, that are positioned to achieve social impact.
- Obtain tips and good practices that can help your team stay on track towards achieving social impact.
- Develop skills that can be immediately put into practice in a supportive environment.
- Have access to the facilitator for consultation between sessions.
- Learn from the experiences of other participants and contribute to their learning.
- Meet other participants who share similar interests and develop collaborative relationships.
"Kimberley led our team on a journey that helped us distinguish what was our main purpose, our strategic goals, and a plan to achieve them. The structure designed to take us through this journey was so well designed, and it was impressive to see the team getting more and more clarity as we moved through the exercises. It was also extremely useful to have tools that we can continue to use as a virtual team." - Daniela Matielo, Director of Network Activation, Ashoka Changemakers
Contact us at email@example.com to find out how you can sign up for the next program or bring Building Effective Teams for Social Impact into your organization.