Is collective impact the right approach for your collaboration efforts? Listen to this Nonprofit Radio interview to learn more.
Get a behind the scenes peak at what it's like to facilitate collaboration and learn more about this process. Check out our Founder's interview on #CoffeeWithJeremy.
What are some of the biggest challenges changemaker leaders face when collaborating for social impact? What does it take to overcome them? Check out our Founder's interview as a returning guest on #CoffeeWithJeremy.
At a time of increasing inequality, struggles for civil rights, and climate change the stakes for timely and sustainable solutions are high. Is your team up to the challenge?
While most organizations invest in technology to save time on labor-intensive tasks, it's less common to invest in the quality of relationships to successfully accomplish these tasks. Since bringing about positive change often requires partnering with organizations within and across sectors, creating the conditions for effective collaboration is essential.
What does a team that invests in improved performance look like?
- Everyone shares the same understanding about why the team was formed, what its goals are, and how they will be achieved.
- Everyone knows what is expected of themselves and each other. Roles and responsibilities not only match what the team needs, but also individual's skills and interests.
- Issues that directly impact the work of the team and disagreements among team members are routinely surfaced and addressed.
If your team doesn't reflect all of these characteristics, you're not alone. In fact, even the most dedicated and talented teams struggle to achieve their goals. We can help your team transition from struggling to succeeding.
strategy, structure & Process
- Does your team lack focus and direction? In the absence of a clearly defined purpose team members may move in different directions or become disengaged if they don't see how their actions connect to a larger goal. Through our strategic planning process, clients come away with a common identity, strategic goals, and a collectively owned action plan to guide next steps.
- Is your team designed to achieve desired results? Without a structure and processes that actively support cooperation, team efforts can begin to unravel. With our support, clients learn how to adjust team operations to remove barriers to teamwork, set clear expectations, and create incentives for collaboration.
- Does communication within your team feel like there is poor phone reception with messages that are garbled or cut off instead of clearly passed through? Collaboration is more effective when information flows in multiple directions. Clients are supported in putting processes in place to regularly obtain information from a variety of perspectives to inform decision making as well as check for shared understanding within the team.
- Does your team struggle to make decisions and stick to them? Team performance suffers in the absence of a commitment from each person and a clear understanding of how everyone will work together. With our support, clients obtain explicit commitments from team members, obtain sound and current information to inform decision making, and establish a mutually agreed upon process for taking collective action.
- Are difficult issues and people avoided instead of addressed? Effective teams are aware of problems early on and solve them before they get out of hand. Clients are supported in enhancing their conflict management skills, building the trust needed to have open conversations, and establishing a process for effective problem solving.
- Do team members struggle to follow through on commitments? Numerous delays and ball dropping can be costly in terms of time, money, and the continued participation of team members. With our accountability process, clients have critical conversations that ordinarily would not take place, set clear expectations of each other, and call out behavior that is inconsistent with the team's intentions.
- Is your team on target towards meeting its goals? Without sound and current data, it's impossible to know whether collective efforts are moving in the right direction. With our performance management process, clients learn how to collect and review data related to team goals, engage in open and honest conversations about what this data means, and take corrective actions, as needed.
Are you wondering if your team could use some help? Take our free Team Performance Review to find out what's working well and areas for improvement.
Ready to take the next step? Contact us to schedule a free consultation.